Welcome to the 2020-21 basketball season!
- COVID has changed practice, the number of games, and even the number of spectators at games. Be assured that we will face situations and obstacle that will impact our season, but I am excited and grateful that we are having a season. I ask you keep perspective of what is important this year. The most important thing is staying healthy and safe so we are able to enjoy a full season.
- The only way this basketball season is going to work is if we follow the guidelines. Wearing masks and social distancing is a must in and outside of school. You need to be honest when it comes to possible symptoms. Don't jeopardize the whole team by not reporting symptoms immediately.
- I have attached a separate COVID guidelines button to cover COVID related guidelines and protocols.
- The MSHSL has decided on a 18 game season. We can have no more than 2 games a week until the final 2 weeks of the season. We could have 3 games a week at that point to fit in games that have been postponed due to COVID or weather.
- There will be a post season at this point in time. What the post season looks like and what it involves is yet to be determined.
- At this time, no spectators will be allowed at games. But things may change from day to day. The game will be streamed live so go to the school app for details.
- At this point we will take buses to games, however be prepared for the possibility of players having to ride to and from games with their parents. This may occur if maintaining social distancing on buses becomes an issue.
- Due to only 5 freshmen out for basketball, our C-squad will consist of freshmen and sophomores.