Due to number of COVID infections and student and staff illnesses, Pipestone Area Schools will be changing our in-person learning model to a Hybrid E-Learning model next week, Monday, January 17 through Friday, January 22. Students will work from home and teachers will provide on-line instruction and communications.
This Hybrid model is primarily virtual learning with allowance for certain situations of in-person learning.
1. Children age 5 to 11 who do not have childcare next week may attend. Ms. Baartman will be sending out instructions to make this arrangement. Children will not meet with their teacher and will be supervised by other school staff.
2. Due to the end of the semester/quarter, especially for high school students, some classes may need to be held in-person for final tests or project completion. Classroom teachers will notify students of scheduled times.
3. Food service will provide daily meals that can be picked up at the Agriculture Shop door at the Southeast Corner of the MS/HS. Please contact your building principal or office staff to order.
4. To schedule transportation, please contact your building principal to make arrangements.
5. School activities will continue as scheduled.
6. We ask that anyone who is ill not come into the school building and masking is required next week while in the building during school hours.
Our goal is to get people healthy and reduce our numbers of sick people. At the current levels of absence and illness, we cannot function effectively with only in-person learning in the education of your students.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kevin Enerson, Superintendent
Pipestone Area Schools