September 11, 2020
Summer Meals Program Reinstated Announcement
This notice is for all families in the Pipestone Area School District. The Department of Agriculture recently announced the reinstatement of the Summer Meals Program through December 31, 2020 or until all available funds are expended. This means that breakfast and lunch will be provided to all students free of charge.
Pipestone Area Schools will implement procedures for this program starting Monday, September 14th. Each building will be communicating details regarding the free breakfast and lunch program.
- This program also includes meals for 7 days each week. Packages will be sent home with students for weekend and distance learning days.
- We are planning to send weekend meals home with all students in grades Kindergarten through Fifth unless a family declines the meals.
- Middle and High School students will need to place orders for meals and pick up at designated locations.
- Distance Learning families will need to place orders and pick up at designated locations.
- Ala-carte items will be available to middle and high school students. Any items beyond the regular breakfast or lunch will have a cost. Families may deposit funds in lunch accounts for any student having seconds or extra items.
I would also like to encourage families to complete the Free & Reduced Lunch Application even though all meals are free. Free & Reduced numbers are the basis for a number of school funding sources, and by filling out the application, you are helping our school district.
If you have any questions, please contact your building principal or Food Service.
Kevin Enerson, Superintendent