When: Monday, June 4, Tuesday, June 5 and Wednesday, June 6
Time: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. all 3 days
Where: American Legion Pipestone Minnesota (use the entrance on S. Hiawatha)
Instructor: K9 Handler/Deputy Dustin Seiler with the Pipestone County Sheriff’s Office, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Firearms Safety Volunteer Instructor
Cost: $7.00 (Additional fees may apply for licensures)
- Youth ages 11 and older can attend a firearms safety certification course and receive their certificate. The Firearms Safety Certificate becomes valid at age 12.
- DNR Firearms Certification is required of anyone born after December 31, 1979 to purchase a hunting license in Minnesota.
Three basic rules of firearms handling:
- Treat each firearm as if it is loaded
- Always control the muzzle of your firearm
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond
What happens in the classes:
- The Firearm safety class consists of a minimum of 12 hours of classroom and field experience in the safe handling of firearms and hunter responsibility.
- The field experience allows students to learn and demonstrate commonly accepted principals of safety in hunting and handling of firearms. It includes live fire on a rifle range.
*Parents will be asked to stay for the first 15 minutes of Saturday’s class to complete registration information. Payment can be made on that day in the form of cash or check. Please email Kristen Brockberg at email@example.com for more information or to reserve your spot. She can also be reached at 507-562-6082. Class is limited to 30 participants and we are filling fast so call today!! Next class opportunity will not be until Late August/Early September.