At the September 24, 2018 School Board Meeting, the 2018-2019 Goals for Pipestone Area Schools were approved by the board.
Goal 1: High Academic Achievement for Each Learner
- Improve MCA math and reading performance at each grade level to the state average
- Work to align curriculum and standards
- Provide professional development and coaching for teachers
- Ensure children in our communities are ready for Kindergarten
- The percentage of 3rd grade students who are proficient in Reading on the MCA will increase from current proficiency of 51.8% to 90% by 2022.
- By 2022, the percentage of students in Free Reduced Price lunch (FRP) student group will increase from current proficiency level of 39.7% to 50% as measured by MCA in Reading.
- By 2022, the percentage of students in (FRP) student group will increase from current proficiency level of 29.3% to 45% as measured by MCA in Math.
- Increase the five-year average district ACT Composite score from 21.2 to 22.5 by 2022.
- Provide opportunities for students to practice and prepare
- Support and Expand Career and Technical Education opportunities
- Graduation Rate
- Ensure students are college or career ready at graduation
- Strive for 100% graduation rate
Goal 2: Effective School Leadership to Ensure Highly Effective Schools
- Follow communication chain of command (Stay within roles)
- Establish goals and expectations
- District, Building, Classroom
- Assume Positive Intention
- Keep all stakeholders informed of school district issues
- Provide appropriate technology to staff and students
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Maintain fund balance in accordance with policy
- Prioritize expenditures based upon needs determined by the school board
Goal 3: Engage Community with the School District
- Schools will take every opportunity to keep community informed
- Web-site, newspaper, radio, local cable, social media, etc.
- Schools will actively listen and solicit feedback from all stakeholders
- School and Community will search for ways to partner to enhance student learning through college and career readiness opportunities.
- Ensure District is a safe place and provide great facilities for learning
- Elementary Facilities Solutions
- School Safety Enhancements