|5th and 6th Grade Band Concert
Thursday, May 17th
Students should arrive by 6:40 and be ready to warm up
5th grade meet in Choir Room
6th grade meet in Band Room
Dress nice and be ready for a great night of sharing our music!
Beginning Band Sign-Up for Current 4th Graders
Fifth Grade Band at a Glance
- Band meets as a separate class every day for 35 minutes during 7th hour.
- Students also receive small group instruction on their instrument once a week for a 20-minute lesson.
- The Fifth Grade Band performs evening two concerts per year in December and May.
- Students may be in BOTH band and choir since they meet at different times of the day.
Important Dates to Remember:
- April 18th - Be Part of the Band Presentation during Music Class
- April 19-April 29 - Fill out registration form online or return paper copy to school
- April 30-May 4 - Instrument Try-Outs during Music Class
- May 16 - Instrument Rental Night in Middle/High School Band Room
- Summer Band Lessons - August 14-16 or August 21-23 - More information to follow
How to Sign Up for Band
- Complete a registration form either online or on paper by April 30th for your student to do the Instrument Try-Outs. Students will try the mouthpiece of their top three instrument choices to discover which instrument will be the best fit for them. Many students stick with their first choice, but some students find that their second or third choice is a better fit.
- Obtaining an instrument: We will have an instrument rental night where The Music Street from Marshall will be able to discuss their rental program. If you have a used instrument The Music Street will also be able to inspect the instrument to ensure it is in good playing condition for your student. The school also has a limited number of instruments available to rent for a small fee. If you need assistance finding an instrument, please contact Mrs. Bierman and we what we can to make sure every student interested has the opportunity to join the band.
- If you are interested in band, but cannot attend the instrument rental night, please let Mrs. Bierman know and we will send the information to you. Also, please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have!
Welcome to Fifth and Sixth Grade Band and General Music!
My name is Mrs. Bierman and I'm very excited to be joining the Music Department at Pipestone! I've been a Music Educator for 10 years, most recently teaching at Adrian Public Schools prior to coming to Pipestone. I received my undergraduate degree in Music Education from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN. I am an active member of the Minnesota Band Directors Association and I am also currently serving on their state board as President. In my free time, I love spending time with my family. My husband Reece and I have two daughters, Charlotte and Claire, and a yellow lab named Cadence and a black lab, Luna.